Monday 18 June 2012

Article writing and illustrating

I spent most of today writing / taking photos to illustrate an article for my photo tips website.

In the morning I also went down town to get some more bird seed and some new hiking shoes. I had a look at some small shoulder camera bags in Aldi as well, but they didn't seem very good to me. I had a look later on ebay, and it looks like I can probably get a slightly better one for a bit more from there.

I also looked at backpacks a bit more. The Vanguard Up Rise 45 bag I was watching ended up going for nearly £60 including P&P. I liked the look of that bag as it seemed like it has a good system for keeping a good airflow on your back (so you don't get a sweaty back).

I think now that I might get a Lowepro Fastpack 350. It seems like it is essentially the same as my Slingshot bag, except that it has two shoulder straps. The only thing I don't really like about the Slingshot is that the single strap puts too much strain on your shoulder with a heavy bag, so the Fastpack sounds pretty good. I guess I can put up with a sweaty back.

So my main plan is probably the Fastpack 350 carrying camera accessories, drink, and maybe a coat or jumper. I can also use it if I need to store the camera away. Then a smaller shoulder bag for carrying my lenses. That way I can change lenses pretty quickly / easily, but without having everything in the shoulder bag, which would strain my shoulder too much.

The only other things I can remember that I did today are washing all the bird feeders, and watching Das Boot. (And standard stuff like doing the washing up and putting the washing out of course).

No comments: