Friday 22 June 2012

Various

This morning I wrote an article for my photo tips website.

In the afternoon I read a bit of the 5D mk2 manual. I found out how to use AE lock - press the * button within 4s of half-pressing the shutter button. The AE lock times out in 4s unless you take a photo. To keep it locked for longer than 4s, hold down the * button.

I was mainly focusing on the bit about shooting video though. Annoyingly, there is no way to set exposure compensation when in manual mode and using auto ISO: Exposure compensation in Manual mode? Possibly Magic Lantern firmware might enable this.

I found my Datawrite CF card is too slow for recording video. It only records about 4s, then the camera buffer is full so it stops.

After that I metadatared and processed a few photos. Here are some off-casts where the image is a bit blurry / focus off when viewed at 100%, but look okay at normal screen size:

In the evening I was making a list of keywords for researching how easy they would be to rank for / how much traffic they get. I also watched quite a bit of the Deutschland vs. Hellas match, and we finished watching the full version of Das Boot.

No comments: