Thursday 14 June 2012

Bagging

This morning I woke up with a headache, so had some paracetamol and then went to bed again for a bit after breakfast.

I couldn't get to sleep again and my headache wasn't getting better or worse, so I went out a bit later in the morning. I wanted to get out while the weather was still nice.

I packed the shoulder bag with camera insert, and on my walk found it was quite a strain having to carry the weight on just one shoulder.

After lunch I still had a headache, so had some more paracetamol (my third lot of the day) and went to bed again. This time I did get a bit of rest and my headache cleared up a bit.

Following the morning's experience with the shoulder bag, most of the evening I tried to find a good backpack. I found one that looked good called the Osprey Atmos 35. It has a space between the bag and your back to avoid your back getting too sweaty. But it is quite big length-ways, and quite expensive. It isn't clear what the internal dimensions of the main section of the bag are either.

Another interesting bag was the Cabin Max Backpack Flight Approved Carry On Bag massive 44 litre travel luggage 55x40x20 cm. It is quite cheap (£25) and fits carry-on size requirements for most airlines. But most (all?) of the reviews seem to just be about using it for going on flights, not as a backpack. There are also several reviews and photos saying that the bag material rips very easily. Not what I want.

In the end, I think I might just get another camera bag. That way I can use the backpack to store some camera gear, but also use the shoulder bag to hold some camera gear as well at the same time.

No comments: