Friday 8 June 2007

Remote desktop

So I tried to set up remote desktop but when I was setting my password so random people can't just login to my PC and take it over I must've mistyped it. This meant I couldn't login into Vista anymore because I did nae know what my mistyped password was. I did nae create a password setup disk either so I could nae get in that way. I did find a prog that is meant to let you access Vista if you forget your password but it kept saying that it couldn't find a boot record on any of the partitions.

So I had to reinstall Vista yet again, and then reinstall all the drivers and programs. Luckily, when setting the password this time I typed it in correctly and so I am now writing this logged into my home computer from work. It's 8.46am at the moment, I had to drive into work because it is raining today so I got here about 8.10am.

Thursday

Had to get the train into work, left home about 8.40am, got to the station and bought my ticket a couple of minutes before the train arrived. For some cheeson the train stopped before it got to the platform and just stayed there for a couple of minutes before coming alongside the platform. When it got in to Brighton the train to Portslade was easy to find and it was already waiting so I just got on and had to wait for about 10 jin the pinutes before it left. Got to Portslade about 8.45am and I got into work about 8.55am, Catherine was waiting outside for someone to let her in.

Did work, I could nae do any (paid) overtime because my boss left at 4pm so I couldnae get it approved so I left just after 5pm. I didnae really want to do any overtime anyway since my comp needed all drivers and progs installing.

On the way home I saw a woodpecker on a tree in the park up Hangleton Drive or whatever it's called.

Got home about 6pm. Watched Storymakers with Ben, Blue Cow met a hedgehog who could nae go on a bouncy castle, but then he got covered in candy floss so he wasn't spiky any more which meant he could go on the bouncy castle. It was Milton Wordsworth and he had holly in his hair and kept calling Jelly & Jackson 'dear hearts'. Wierd but skilk.

After that I did some washing up while mother cooked my Jin the Pinner. Then I ate my Dan's Diner while installing stuff on my comp. Then I finished off the washing up and cleared the table and made my sandwiches for Tom Morrow. Did some more installing on my comp then watched The Museum & Springwatch on BBC2.

After that did some more installing, I also made a password reset disk just in case and then I went to bed.

Food
Breakfast: Coco Pops, Toasted Toasting Croissant, cup o' tea.
Lunch: Chicken Tikka sandwich spread sandwich, Breaded ham with crunchy salad andwich, apple, 2 x satsumas.
Dinner: Eggy bread with Bovril spread on it, Bacon, potato, peas, spaghetti in tomato sauce, baked beans. Pudding was a nectarine and a banana. Coffee.


Wednesday

Cycled to work, got in about 8.30am. I was in the loo getting changed when the postman rang the door buzzer so I had to quickly get changed and then get the door. Then I did the washing up. By the time I'd finished that it was about 9am. The office was very quiet because most people were either out going to the AGM or late.

After everyone who was meant to come in had came in, I went out to get a refilled printer cartridge from cartridge world at 10am. About 10.30am Sally called me and said actually can I come to the AGM. Luckily I keep a spare tie in my drawer (the one I had to buy for the photo-shoot), but I did nae have a suit and my shirt was a bit wierd since Sally had said last night she didn't want me to go the AGM.

So I got the train at about 11.16am from Portslade to Victoria and changed at East Croydon for Kings X Thameslink. Luckily the train to Kings X was the other side of the platform where I got off at East Croydon, so it was easy to find and I did nae have to walk anywhere. When I was going out of Kings X I met Micahel and Maryon Cohen and an accountant bloke, so I guess they must have got the same train.

We all walked up to the hotel and found it quite easily. Also Sally caught up with us while we were walking there. When we got there I setup the laptop outside the meeting room. A few members came to try and sign in, but Sally hadn't given me the voting cards so I could nae do it cap'n. A bit later Sally came back with a cup o' tea for me so I asked her to get the voting cards.

More people started turning up, but probably only about 20 members came (the room was set out for 180). We did nae have any badges so Sally and Deborah just wrote out names and positions on address labels and staff / volunteers stuck them on their shirts.

I waited outside for about 30 mins after the meeting had started in case anyone turned up late, and one of the people who had got there before I was ready to sign him in came in late! After that I went into the meeting and people just asked the directors lots of questions. Also, it was revealed that one of the ex-directors is in litigation with the company because they said they never resigned!

After the AGM finished I was hot and thirsty so I had a drink of sparkling water (they had loads of it there) and then Sally said I could go home so I did. I took a photo of something boring to prove I was in London that day.

I went to Kings X Thameslink and luck slush the next train to Brighton stopped at Hassocks, so I waited for about 10 mins and got that train at 5.10pm. (Sally had said I had to get the train home and not back to work and that I would have to come in by train the next morning and then cycle home). The train arrived in Hassocks at 6.40pm. I walked home and got about 7.15pm. I made sandwiches and did washing up, then ate my dinner, watched Springwatch and something else (I think Andrew Marr's history of Modern Britain). Then I went to bed.

Food

Breakfast: Coco Pops, cup o' tea.
Lunch: Chicken Tikka sandwich spread sandwich, Breaded ham with crunchy salad sandwich, apple. (I also had 2 x satsumas but did nae eat them because I had to eat my lunch on the train and they would have been too messy).
Dinner: I can nae remember laddox


Tuesday

Cycled to work, got in about 8.35am. Did work. Worked overtime till 7pm. I asked my boss who was covering the phones tomorrow while everyone's at the AGM and she said that me, and all the other non-managerial staff / temps were. It was luck slush that I asked since otherwise I would've gone up to the EGM Tom Morrow. I had to work an extra 30 mins of unpaid overtime helping my boss get the laptop etc ready for signing people in at the AGM. Went home at 7.30pm. Watched Springwatch and pobasquish did some other stuff but I cannae remember.

No comments: