Sunday 22 November 2009

Encoding my video yet again

I haven't been able to upload my exposure blending video to youtube yet, as whenever I try to do it, the progress bar just goes up to 100% really quickly, then nothing happens. So this morning I tried encoding the video again, but this time to a different format.

After Church I went on the pinternet, and checked Moose Peterson's blog. After dinner I carried on reading Moose's blog, and also read John K's blog and checked The Web Squeeze.

Eventually, in the late afternoon the video finally finished encoding, so I tried uploading it to youtube, but got the same thing. I tried using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 7 instead of Firefox to upload the video, but still the same.

I did some googling on duplicate content in Wordpress, asked about it on the websqueeze, and also did some work on my blog to make it more SEO/SERPs friendly (adding a meta description tag).

Later in the evening I tried uploading my video to Youtube on Moccle's PC and using L's youtube account, in case the problem was my PC or my youtube account, but on his PC the 'upload' button didn't work at all!

Also in the evening I had to look after grandad quite a bit.

Later in the evening I watched a video by Matt Wolfe, saying that it's a good idea to put video reviews of books etc. on Amazon as by doing this you promote yourself as an expert on that subject and you also have can have a link on your profile to your website to get some traffic.

However, looking at his Amazon profile that he shows in the video, he has only uploaded one video review, and that was the one that he uploaded in the video I was watching. So if he doesn't practise what he preaches other than for the purpose of creating a video, it's not really very convincing.

Having said that, his video review did have '7 out of 8 people found this review helpful'. This isn't a lot, but is quite a few more than most other people's text reviews posted around the same as his video review got. So even if he doesn't practise what he preaches, what he preaches may be correct.

The weather today was overcast nearly all day (though the sun did poke through occasionally), and it also rained a bit.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chilli con carne; Rice; Grated Mature cheddar cheese; Tortilla chips. Pudding was a pancake with demerara sugar and lemon juice. Coffee; 2x pieces of Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.
Afternoon snack: Small sponge cake with buttercream; cup o' tea.
Tea: Apple & Pork sausage with Mayonnaise and Italian style Salad Sandwich; Clementine; Piece of Chocolate Cereal & Biscuit Cake; Cup o' tea.
Supper: Cup o' tea; Small Sponge Cake with Buttercream.

No comments: