Monday 9 November 2009

Websiting

This morning and afternoon I was just doing some more work on my photo website. In the afternoon I found that my blog (on the photo website) had mysteriously stopped working, and just a blank page, so I had to try and work out what was wrong.

At lunch time Shaz came home from Uni for a few days.

In the evening I found that the hot-shoe connector on my Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite Flash had broken (it has had a crack in it since soon after I bought it), so I tried gluing it back together. Also, Moccle unpacked his Xbox 360, which arrived today, and I watched him and L play on Fifa 10 (that's 2010, not the 10th version).

After that I did a bit more work on my website and found out what had caused my blog to break - it seems that the Wordpress db cache reloaded plugin overwrites the wp-content/db.php file. I couldn't find a way to get the db cache reloaded db.php file to work with the mysqli db class (though admittedly I didn't try too hard).

So I checked on the webserver if I had the mysql extension for PHP installed, and I did. Checking my local system, I found I also had a mysql.so file there, just it wasn't being included in my php.ini files. So I added that in, and I can now run the blog, only it uses the old (and to my understanding, effectively deprecated), mysql extension rather than the not as old mysqli extension.

The weather today was overcast and foggy all day, though around half an hour before sunset the cloud started to thin, and we got a reasonably nice sunset (plain orange sky) until the sun actually set. After the sun had set it seemed to get more foggy again.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Honey Cheerios; cup o' tea.
Morning snack: Choc chip cookie; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; Clementine; Slice of home-made fruitcake; Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x home made lamb burgers; potato; peas; mint sauce. Pudding was a creamy yoghurt. Coffee; Choc chip cookie; custard cream; 3x pieces of Sainsbury's Caramel Chocolate; Coffee.

No comments: