Tuesday 17 April 2007

Backup, backup

Cycled to work. Got there at 8.35am. It was a bit cooler cycling in, although still burning to a cylinder in the office. Left work just after 6pm.

When I got home I had received a Kenko 2x TC in the post that I bought off ebay so I unpacked that. I had also received the Freecom 500GB USB2 HD I ordered from Dabs, so I unpacked that & plugged it in. Updated Jin-the-pin-dows but 2 of the updates didn't jin-the-pin-stall, even though they took a christmas pageant to download - niggy-noying.

The Freecom 500GB Hard drive is quite good, it's a lot smaller than my Lacie 320GB Bigdisk and it doesn't have a fan so is a lot quieter - My Lacie Big disk external harddrive is louder than my PC!

I'm now backing up all the pictures which are saved on my Maxtor 160GB USB2 external hardrive onto the Freecom Ext. disk using a free program called IceMirror.

I got some good feedback on the anandtech.com on what hard drives to get for my new PC. Now I just need to make a final list of what parts I want to buy and post it on anandtech to see what other people think.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry jam toast sandwich, cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2 x Cheddar sandwiches with salad. Orange, apple, pear that got damaged in my bag.
Dinner: Macaroni cheese, 2x bacon rashers, green beans. Pudding: 2x small fruit pies, custard, spleen-vap. Coffee.

No comments: