Friday 17 July 2009

Back from holiday

For the past week I haven't been able to do any blog posts as I've been on Holiday in Shropshire with Clare, Brian and L, and we didn't have any internet access at the cottage we were staying in.

We were actually going to come back tomorrow, but it had been raining continuously since about 12pm yesterday, and the forecast was for more rain for the rest of today. So since we couldn't really go out anywhere, and there wasn't anything to do in the cottage (other than play on Harvest on Ben's DS), we decided to come home this morning.

When we got home, the door was unlocked, and Moccle's mate Ben was here, but he's never seen any of us before, and we've never seen him before, so skill and embarrassing for him.

In the living room there were some skill people, and you can see what they've been getting up to while we were away in these videos that Luke and Moccle's mate Ben made:


Luke was still in bed when we got back. Skill and embarrassing for him as well. Moccle had also made a Neighbours video:


I did take loads of photos while we were away, but I don't think any of them will be that great as the weather was mainly overcast, we didn't visit anywhere near sunrise or sunset (when the light is best, if it's not overcast), and I didn't really have the time to look for good compositions, as no-one wanted to wait around for ages for me.

In the evenings (and afternoons when we didn't go out), since there wasn't anything else to do, I just played Harvest Moon on Ben's DS, watched Ben play on Harvest Moon or Wario Master of Disguise, or watched In The Night Garden and Berenstain Bears on TV (the cottage had a TV with freeSat, but the TV was totally small).

I took my tripod and pano head, but only used it once, as carrying it made changing lenses from the LowePro Slingshot a pain. I think I will have to try getting something like a fishing shirt that I can carry my lenses in, and then hopefully I would be able to carry the tripod and still change lenses easily.

We visited quite a few of the old towns around, which I mainly used the Tokina 10-17mm/3.5-4.5 fisheye lens to take photos of the old buildings with.

When we got back home, after unpacking my stuff, and watching the Barney McGroo Tube videos, I started to check my email (at about 1pm), and I had, like, 213 emails or sumat.

Then it took me until about 7pm to finish going through all the emails. After that I checked dpreview, then I watched a WC Fields film with Moccle.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of chocolate crunch oat cereal; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mellow cheese with crunchy salad sandwich; banana; slice of Ludlow Food Centre Carrot cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Battered fish; chips (both from Fish & Chip shop); salt; vinegar. Pudding was a cherry yoghurt. Coffee; Green & Black's Maya Gold chocolate.

No comments: