Saturday 4 July 2009

Websiting and Iggle Piggling

I woke up at 6am this morning, then had breakfast with L just after 7am. In the morning I finished working on the geocoding/google map functionality for panachallengetest.

In the afternoon I did some more work on my photo website. I was trying to find out how to check the progress of an image download with javascript, but it seems it's not possible. I found quite a few tutorials for javascript download progress bars, but all of them were based on downloading multiple files, and just increase the bar by a specified amount when a file has downloaded, e.g. if you had 5 files to download, each time one of the files was downloaded, the progress bar would go up by 20%.

It seems the only way to get a progress bar that will update gradually as a file is downloaded is to use flash, I don't have the time to mess around with Flash (since I don't know it), so I think I'll carry on working with my jQuery slideshow for the moment, and just have a spinning 'download in progress' icon.

In the evening I watched Dr. No with Moccle and L, and a couple of In The Night garden episodes on BBC iPlayer with L. Then I did some work in the garden, mainly moving the big pile of soil that I'd previously dug out of the pond, taking it away from the pond and dumping it by the fence, which is where Clare said she wanted it.

Also today I emptied out the bucket that Clare and Ben had put the animals that were in the pond when they emptied it out about a week ago. I thought everything in the bucket was dead, and although a lot of it was dead, there were about 5 damselfly nymphs that were covered in green algae (looked like it was growing on them), but were still alive. There was also one diving beetle, and 2 tiny snails, at least one of which was still alive. So I fished all those out, and put them back in the pond.

I seem to have got quite a few insect bites from working on the pond in the evening over the past week.

The weather today was warm and sunny, but not too hot, like it has been most of the past week.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Frosties; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Grated mature cheddar cheese with salad sandwich; clementine; slice of iced lemon drizzle cake (I Tom Hink it was called that anyway); Caramel Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 1½ slices Cheese deep pan pizza; 1 slice Pepperoni pizza; chips; salt; salad. Pudding was posh ice cream with banana. Coffee; 3 pieces Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.

No comments: