Thursday 9 July 2009

Still trying to install MySQL

This morning I just sorted/processed some more photos in my 'Needs sorting' folder.

After lunch I went on Animal Crossing for a bit, and a cat came round my house. I did some more photo sorting/processing, then WebFaction had replied to my ticket to say they don't have SELinux enabled on the Server I'm hosted on.

With SELinux being ruled out as the cause of my problems with running MySQL 5.4.0 with the Innobase (InnoDB) plugin, I did more testing the rest of the day, but still couldn't get mysqld_safe to start, and would get an error in the log
Can't create interrupt-thread (error 11, errno: 11)

Eventually I ended up installing MySQL 5.1.36, which I think is the latest stable version, 5.4 is just a beta, and this worked okay. I really want to use a version of MySQL 5.4 as it is compatible with the mysql native drivers for PHP, however, a working MySQL with InnoDB is more important to me than being able to use mysqlnd.

In the evening I also watched 'From Russia with Love' with Moccle and L.

The weather was a mixture of cloud and sun, quite windy at times, but the day ended with hardly any cloud.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with sliced Vine Tomato and Iceberg Lettuce sandwich; grapes; Viennese Whirl; Caramel Rocky; Cup o' tea.
Dinner: Baked beans; 2x sausage rolls; potatoes; Brown sauce. Pudding was a Viennese Whirl. Coffee; Quality Street.

No comments: