Thursday 6 August 2009

Processing pics

Today I was still processing pics from our first day's holiday in Shropshire a couple of weeks ago. Moccle (who was off work today), Clare and Ben went to Twycross Zoo, and Brian went to see Shaz and Grandad, and is staying down in Sussex overnight.

In the morning I thought I had finished the main work of processing the pics from the first day's holiday in Shropshire, but then I found that actually I had another subfolder in there with some pics in it that needed processing, so I didn't actually finish the main processing work until about 5pm.

After that I needed to geocode the images, but to do this, the images needed the correct time. Quite a few of the photos didn't have the correct time, as I had de-fished them using PTGUI, and this didn't keep the exif data intact when it created the defished .psd file. So I used ExifToolGUI to copy the metadata from the original files to the defished .psd and .jpg files.

Then after doing all that I found that actually I didn't have a tracklog for that day. So I had to geocode them through Google Earth. It took me probably a few hours to try and find where I had taken some photos where we had stopped at the side of the road on the way to the cottage where we were staying. I think I found it eventually, while the amount/location of trees looks slightly different in Google Earth to my photo, a farm that you can see in the photo looks the same as a farm you can see on Google Earth.

The weather today started off cloudy (it had rained overnight), then was sunny and hot all morning. In the afternoon and evening it was rainy and overcast.

Food
Breakfast: Blood Orange Marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; salad; satsuma; slice of cherry madeira cake; Timeout (single); cup o' tea.
Evening snack: Bacon butty with Tom Ketch and Salad.
Dinner: Slice of Chicken pie; potatoes; broccoli; sweet corn. Orange juice.

No comments: