Sunday 23 August 2009

Taking & processing photos and catching moths

This morning I went on Animal Crossing, then went to Church with Moccle and L.

After Church we had lunch, then I went on Animal Crossing again. I took a few photos in the back garden, then processed and sorted photos (mainly those from our short walk yesterday, though also a few macros) for the rest of the afternoon. When I was done I did a backup

Before dinner (we had dinner quite late), I went in the back garden and took a few more photos. Then after dinner I took some photos of a moth that had just been sitting on the draining board all day.

After that I processed and sorted the new macro photos I had taken and also checked The Luminous Landscape. Moccle had loads of moths in his room, and one of them landed on the 'Get on da mic' game, so it obviously wanted to get on the Mic! (Mic is another name for Moccle, though it's pronounced Mick rather than Mike).

Then downstairs there was a totally massive daddy long legs. I would say it's body and wings were bigger than a damselfly, its body was probably over 5mm diameter, but less than 10mm. I caught it in Ben's net and after a couple of tries managed to get it out the window. If Ben's container had been empty, I might have tried to put it in that, but the container already had a few moths in it, and they'd escape if I tried to put the daddy long legs in there.

Also, Shaz came home in the evening.

The rest of the evening I did another backup and also caught some more moths.

The weather today was pretty hot today, sunny with clouds, and a bit windy. I think there was probably a sunset, though it didn't look particularly great from what I could see of it (which isn't much).

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of choco hoops; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x Cheese on toasts; salad; clementine; home grown plum; Time out (single); cup o' tea.
Afternoon Snack: Strawberry Cornetto; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Slice of Pepperoni pizza; most of a jacket potato. Pudding was mandarin cheesecake; coffee.

No comments: