Thursday 11 September 2008

Bit rainy

Today went on the internet quite a bit, sorted some more photos and backed them up, and made/tested some more diffusers for the MT-24EX. I found the tissue paper I was using on the mini-softbox robs about 1 stop of light, and the puffers use 2 stops.
Today I tested the following materials on the front of my new homemade mini softbox:
  • Bubblewrap
  • Tissue paper
  • Clear 3mm polycarbonate sheet
  • ½ sheet tissue
  • Bare
  • Puffer
I need to do some more testing tomorrow, and will be testing
  • YongNuo softbox
  • Clear plastic bag
  • Bubble wrap
  • Mosquito net
Also today John K revealed the secret diffusion material he has been using - the plastic used for making the screens that go in front of your monitor to cut down glare and reflections.

I remember about the good rap version of a 'classic' song I heard on HFM a week or so ago. I thought it was by Wiley, so I searched for Wiley and went on his myspace. The song I heard before wasn't on there, but he did have a good song called 'Summertime', which samples 'Aerodynamic' by daft punk. I searched around to see if I could download 'Summertime' from somewhere, but despite its name it doesn't come out until 29th September or some time like that.

So I tried to see if there was some way of ripping the stream since I don't want to have to go to Wiley's myspace every time I want to listen to the song. I did quite a bit of searching/reading, and downloaded some software, but couldn't rip it, so I just recorded it manually. It's not very good quality though, which gives even more of an incentive to buy the album when it comes out.

After that I searched UK websites in the last week for 'rap version', then 'grime version' to see if I could find the song I was wanting since it probably wasn't by Wiley (not on his myspace playlist or album tracklist (unless he gave the song a really obscure name not relating to the original track at all)). I didn't find the track, but did find a good website http://www.getdarker.com/gotdarker/ where you can download/stream free mixes and tracks.

Oh, yes it was Mac Pad's birthday today and he got a Birthday hat.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with mustard and garden style salad sandwich; grapes; mince pie; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Toad in t' hole; mixed veg; potatoes. Pudding was homemade Tiramisu which Ben and Clare made using Cooking guide - it didn't have any alcohol in it, but was still delee. Coffee.

No comments: