Sunday 14 September 2008

Not raining again - 2 days in a row now!

This morning I tidied up my room a bit, filed some stuff. When I went to East Norton with Rad the other day, the batteries ran out during the walk, I put some new batteries in, but when I got home and tried to upload the tracklog to my PC there wasn't one and tracklogging and been disabled. So today, I searched the pinternet to see if anyone else had this problem, but I couldn't find anything apart from some unrelated advice to make sure the unit has the latest firmware. So I went to Garmin's website and after a bit of searching downloaded their update program, which worked very nicely and updated the GPS to the latest firmware.

After church I checked wildaboutbritain.co.uk and saw the giant fungus ball I saw in a field in East Norton had been ID'd for me as a giant puffball, so I read about giant puffballs and then bedbugs for a bit.

After lunch I uploaded some fly pics to Wildaboutbritain.co.uk for ID, then watched a couple of episodes of Battlestar Trashlactica with Mac. Then I tested some more diffusion methods for my MT-24EX flash, it looked like a toss-up between the YongNuo softbox material and a mosquito net for which worked best. I was rather disconcerted to see that the hot-shoe connection on the MT-24EX seems to have a big crack in it, the flash still seems to be secured okay but you would have thought there'd be better build quality for a £700 flash.

I checked my emails and then caught up on hotukdeals, which took ages to go through about 4 days of deals.

After tea went on the pinternet a bit, then watched Lethal Weapon with Mac.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry with noodles. For pudding I had cherry madeira cake with custard. Coffee; ½ banana; Roses.
Tea: West Country Mature Cheddar Cheese sandwich; West Country Mature Cheddar Cheese Hovis crackers sandwich; grapes; pink 'n' white; Fairtrade chocolate wafer bar; cup o' tea; Roses.

No comments: