Monday 1 September 2008

Rainy again

Got up about 6.15am today, it was quite a cold night and when I went in the garden this morning about 7am it was still quite cold. I looked in the usual places for insects, but there didn't seem to be any apart from a grasshopper, which was warmed up well enough to hop away.

After breakfast I went on the pinternet for a bit, then when Clare came back from her lollipop lady job I went out to the park. I've been wanting to take some panos of the nice flower displays there for a few weeks now, but it's been cloudy the last few weeks. This morning there were a few clouds around, but the sky was mostly blue, so I wanted to make sure I got the panos done before the rain forecast for today blew in. As I went around the park doing the panos, gradually more and more clouds blew in. By the time I left it was quite cloudy again.

When I got back home I processed the pics and went on the internet. After lunch I processed one of the panos, I used PTGUI with exposure fusion, 3 bracketed images -1ev 0ev +1ev. Despite the wind blowing everything about I thought the processed pano came out quite well. Some of the highlights were still blown though, which I was surprised at since I thought exposure fusion would be like HDR. So I used the -1ev blend plane with a layer mask to reduce the blown highlights on the flowers.

When I was finished, I didn't think the pano actually looked that good, probably low contrast. So I spent the rest of the afternoon watching some more videos on working with Photoshop, although the videos I'm watching at the moment are still the basic ones which I'm not really learning much from (although there are a few points made that I didn't know about).

After dinner I went on the pinternet, then watched an episode of Star Trek (Original series) with Mac, Shaz and Ben.

Food
Breakfast: Chocolate crunch oat cereal; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with mustard and crunchy salad sandwich; banana; slice of marble cake; chocolate digestive bar; cup o' tea; Roses.
Dinner: Chicken pie; potatoes; green beans; carrots. Pudding was a chocolate eclair. Coffee.
Supper: Coffee; chocolate brownie Shaz made the other day.

No comments: