Wednesday 10 September 2008

mp3 organizing

This morning in my bathroom there was a little moth on a tub of vaseline, so when I'd finished having my shower etc. I got my camera and took some photos of it. It didn't move much, apart from waving it's antennae about every so often.

After breakfast I switched my comp on this morning with the intent of sorting/editing the moth photos, but I saw my C: partition was nearly full up, so I did some investigating to find where all the space was being used. I deleted quite a lot of temporary/cache files and also found that the Shared folder had quite a lot of stuff in it, music and a few videos from Mac's comp and some scans. So I moved the music across to 'My music' folder on HD2 partition, but when moving I had to check the files were properly named and tagged and that I didn't already have the album in the 'My Music' folder before I copied it across. So doing all that, took all morning and part of the afternoon.

In the afternoon I did a back up, and deleted the 'My Music' backup since so many files had been changed (I re-named /deleted misc files of many of the files/folders already in 'My Music' as well as copying Mac's ones). The Music backup took 5 hours, so while that was going on I went on the pinternet a bit, played around with the 450d macro setup, and tried taking some photos of a wooden donkey for the panachallenge contest 'Craftsmanship'.

Playing with the 450d macro setup, I tried hanging a piece of card off the end of the flash to act as a background and avoid black backgrounds. Also, hopefully it should reflect some light back towards the subject.
I found that the brown card doesn't give a very good colour. At 1x the card was too near the subject and could hit the flower or whatever the insect was sitting on. At 5x the card was too far away and the background was still black (or nearly black). If you want to shoot something at an angle downwards, where you can't slide the card behind the subject, e.g. insect on the lawn rather than on a long piece of grass, the the card gets in the way and you can't move the camera close enough to the subject to focus. So what it seems is needed is a long piece of card across the top, as above, but it needs to be adjustable in length and removable. Also, the backround card should probably be green coloured.

I also messed around trying to snoot one of the flash heads to increase the amount of flash hitting the subject and also get the flash coming out a round hole rather than oblong. However, this didn't work and if anything the flash amount was less.

In the evening I went on the pinternet more and watched some Battlestar Trashlactica with Mac.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheddar cheese with salad sandwich; ½ packet BBQ Beef flavoured crisps; plum; grapes; slice of Iced madeira layer cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chili burger with cheese, chili sauce and salad in a bun. Pudding was Raspberry ripple icecream with banana, hot strawberry jam and homemade banana brownie. Coffee.

No comments: