Sunday 21 September 2008

Macroing and Autumn Leaves pressing

In the morning it was quite misty and the rising sun gave it a really nice orange glow again. After breakfast I went in the back garden and took some macros of the dew covered plants.

Went to church, and on the way back I picked up quite a few nice Autumn coloured leaves. After dinner me and Mac watched an episode of Galactica. Then I went through my books and put the leaves I'd collected in them for pressing. I found the leaves I'd put in them last year and they had all gone dull and brown or green, so it seems that the leaves don't press well.

The rest of the evening I processed a pano from Welland Park that I took quite a while ago. I went on the pinternet a bit as well. I read a post on dpreview by John K saying that windy days are good for macro, which is the opposite of what I think, since the wind blows everything about so much it's hard to get anything in focus. He said that windy days are good because insects don't want to move around so much, and you can hold on to whatever they're on with one hand and balance the lens on that same hand. I'll have to bear that advice in mind next time it's windy.

In the spleenvening I went on the pinternet a bit more, then watched the first bit of LOTR ROTK Extended Edition with Mac and Ben.

Food
Breakfast: Blackberry jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Nasi Goreng with extra stir fry; chicken nuggets. Pudding was 2x mini bakewell tarts with custard. Coffee.
Tea: Mature cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich; apple; flapjack; Fox's triple.

No comments: