Tuesday 30 September 2008

Spleenjected

This morning I searched on the pinternet (again) about how to use a Nikon flash on canon camera / canon flash on nikon camera. I found some adapters on ebay that say they convert PC to hotshoe for Canon 430EX and Nikon SB600, but the shoe is metal, so I would have thought this would short circuit the flashes with their TTL pins. Reading on strobist group discussions on Flickr, someone said they undid their flash (I think it was an SB-26) and removed the TTL pins, then put it back together, making it a 'dumb' flash.

I also saw some good pics taken with a reversed 18-55 lens. I tried mounting the MT-24EX to it, and it seems that with the end cap on the lens, the MT-24EX will mount to the cap, you would then need to drill/cut out the front of the cap for the lens to see through.

I got an email back from istock (last night actually) to say my application had been rejected :(. Though, they said it was because all my images were Silos and they wanted to see a more diverse range of images. Bit funny since most microstock seems to be Silos. Anyway, I can re-submit in 3 days so I took some pics of a backlit leaf at about 2x magnification and then edited that. I'll probably to to re-submit with that backlit leaf macro, a landscape image (maybe the one of bare trees and a cloudy reflection in the canal) and one of the pics I originally submitted.

The weather's been a bit rubbish yesterday and today - cloudy and keeps raining.

I spent the rest of the day going on the pinternet, reading about insects/flies/IDing, taking some more photos and processing them and watching a strtrk episode with Mac.

Food
Breakfast: Lime marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x Cheese on toasts; red grapes; home-made rock cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Shepherds pie; carrots; broccoli; Tom Ketch. Pudding was strawberry yoghurt. Coffee; Roses.
Supper: Crinkle crunch cream; coffee.

No comments: