Tuesday 2 September 2008

Rainee

This morning woke up quite late, about 8.15am, which was weird since I went to bed about 10.30pm yesterday and had quite a gokos night's sleep.

After breakfast etc. I went in the garden to see if I could get some insect photos, but there wasn't much around really, and those insects I did see flew off when I tried to get their photos. I copied the pics to my and sorted them, and went on the pinternet for a bit. The rest of the morning and quite a bit of the afternoon I checked on some replies to requests for ID I've had on wildaboutbritain.co.uk.

I also received my Torx screwdriver from ebay, which I used to undo the star shaped screws on my Freecom 500GB USB2 harddrive which keeps switching itself off. After undoing it all, I pushed in/down all the connectors, then tested it, but it still switched off. I had a look at the case circuit board, but couldn't see any loose connections. I guess I will have to plug the actual drive into my PC to see if it works by itself.

The rest of the afternoon I mainly went on the internet and the weather kept being rainy and sunny (sometimes both at the same time).

After Jin the Pinner watched something where I spoke in a Jamaican style and told a thing that you hit a cricket ball with to say to a female massive luminous ball of plasma to perform in an automobile (Bat tell star gal act i' car) with Mac. Then I plugged the hard drive from my freecom USB2 drive directly into my PC to see if the drive worked okay. After windows had done a chkdsk on it, I loaded up windows and the drive still hasn't shut down yet, so I'm pretty sure the problem must have been with the electronics in the drive casing. I stuck the rubber feet from the drive case into screw holes on the bottom of the hard drive, and placed it on top of the metal case. The metal innards of the case have gone in scrap metal box for recycling, the screws have gone into a bag which I gave to Rad, the electronics bits have gone in a box with other odd electronics bits and PC stuff, and the plastic front and back have gone in the bin. So now whenever I want to backup to that drive I'll just need to switch off the PC, take the side off and connect the drive, then switch the PC on again. Sounds a bit of a do, but should be easier than having to keep an eye on it and continuously switch it off and on again when it brakes, which is what was happening with it before. Also should be a lot faster using SATA rather than USB2.

For the rest of the evening I took a few photos in the garden, went on the pinternet, backed up some stuff and watched another episode of a flying mammal that hangs upside down in caves version of the first active communications satellite that I told in a jamaican style that there was a female portraying a Magdalenic Chibchan language related to Ijca spoken in Colombia, South America (Bat Telstar, Gal Act Tica).

Food
Breakfast: Lemon Marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with mustard and crunchy salad sandwich; slice of marble cake; Clementine; dark chocolate twin break (fake kitkat); cup o' tea.
Dinner: Ham, mushroom and pepper quiche; mashed potato; green beans; baked beans. Pudding was fruit cake that Clare made in the Miguel Wave with custard. Coffee; Roses.

No comments: