Saturday 15 November 2008

Editing photos

I woke up this morning at 7am and there was a nice sunrise outside with the clouds lit up orangey yellow. By about 7.15am though the sky was covered in thicker grey clouds. Then by about 8.30am these clouds had dispersed a bit and the weather looked quite nice. But by 9.20am the sky had clouded over again with a single monotone grey cloud.

After that I did a tiny bit of work on my website, but then found that I'm displaying a date just as a year, the in the database its a date. And it would be better to have the full date (well at least year and month) stored in the database. So I'm not sure what to do there at the moment.

Then I went on thewebsqueeze and tried to do a regex, which took me a few hours. Really I need to get a book on regex or sumat because it seems to be quite a large subject. I also posted a question on thewebsqueeze about how to find out where a node is in its parent's childnodes index.

After that I did some googling about date formatting in mysql, and found the following page, which is quite useful: http://davidwalsh.name/format-date-mysql-date_format. I would hope you can use the same terminology to reverse the formatting when inserting dates.

After lunch I did some processing of the pics I took the other day when I went out on a walk with Rad.

After dinner I edited a couple more photos and then watched Shooter with Maccy.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham sandwich; Mature cheddar cheese sandwich; banana; slice of iced lemon madeira layer cake; chocolate digestive biscuit bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken; chicken soup; gravy; mixed veg; potatoes; cheesy dumplings. Pudding was a small cherry bakewell. Coffee.

No comments: