Sunday 23 November 2008

Making gingerbread and watching Lost

When I woke up this morning there was an ever so slight bit of snow outside, mainly on the rooftops. So not the large amount of snow they reckoned we were likely to get on the local weather.

Before church it started raining and changed between rain, snow and sleet. I put on my Soviet coat (although I could only do up 2 buttons on it, and it took me about 15 minutes just to do up those 2) and Ushanka hat, but when we actually went to church it wasn't raining at all. On the way back from church it was actually sunny.

After church I geocoded the images from the North Kilworth walk I did with Rad on 12th November. Whilst I was waiting for them to process I checked hotukdeals, deviant art and the canon lens forum on dpreview.

After dinner I went on the canon lens forum on dpreview a bit more, then watched Lost with Maccy and Ben. Then we made some gingerbread to make a gingerbread house with. That took all afternoon. After tea we watched another episode of Lost, then I named all the pics from the North Kilworth walk. Looking back through the processed pics I had more that needed exposure blending than just processing from a single pic.

I got outbid on ebay for a Lowepro lens case 1N, it ended up at £6.50 + £3 P&P, which I'm sure must be around new price (assuming you buy it from somewhere with free postage). I checked panoguide and backed up pictures.

I got my webhost to enable mod_rewrite for me, so I need to write a quick test script to make sure it's working, so I read a bit about mod_rewrite. I still haven't written any rewrite rules yet though, I'll need to take a look at it tomorrow. I watched IACGMOOH with Mac, David Van Day made up a weird rubbish song in it, which was quite funny. And Timmy Mallet did a trial where he got covered in 50,000 insects, then when he came back to camp he gave out some insects that were still on him to the other celebrities as souvenirs.

On ebay I got outbid for another Lowepro lens case, this time a 1W, which went for £8 + £2.66 P&P. A hardly used Canon 500mm/4 IS lens with case, hardly used went for £3,150.00, which is a pretty good price, the cheapest new at the moment seems to be £4100, and that's a good price considering it's a UK seller, actually cheaper than HK sellers where you'd have to pay VAT as well.

I'm hoping that the price of super-teles will drop as we get further into recession, although with the pound tanking and the possibility of the UK becoming another Iceland the price may go up as any lenses sold in GBP will be much cheaper for those in other countries.

Food
Breakfast: Asda honey nut loops; cup o' tea.
After church snack: Dark chocolate digestive; coffee.
Dinner: Stir fry; rice; noodles; 2x chicken nuggets; soy sauce. Pudding was jam swiss roll with pineapple chunks & juice and custard. Coffee; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.
Tea: Mature cheddar cheese sandwich; clementine; slice of cherry genoa cake; Fox's triple; cup o' tea.
Supper: Blackcurrant jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.

No comments: