Thursday 20 November 2008

Not much

This morning I got up quite early, about 6.20am had a shower etc. but then I had a headache so I went back to bed. There was a bit of a sunrise, there were clouds on the horizon so you couldn't actually see the sun rise, but it did light up some clouds that were higher up. It was very windy and was cloudy most of today.

I got up again at about 9am, though I didn't really get any sleep and still had a headache. I checked HotUKdeals, my email, and the dpreview canon lens forum. Then I did a bit of work on my website, checked thewebsqueeze, ebay, hotukdeals, deviantart and my email.

After lunch I checked Moose News Blog, and a couple of sites he linked to about using High Speed Sync Flash. It was funny how many flash units they needed to get a decent exposure in HSS - between 4 and 8 flashes. The resulting pictures by Joe McNally were pretty good though. I checked Luminous Landscape as well.

I did a bit more work on my website and checked web squeeze again. I decided to hardcode the select box of countries into the form (rather than generate it using php and mysql). When I did this though, I found that for countries with non standard letters in them, the non standard letter wouldn't appear (when previously it did). I found this great website that lists all the different HTML codes for different characters, so I just searched it for the chars I needed (was only about 3) and then replaced those chars in the code with the HTML code.

I looked at some really good photos by someone on dpreview.

After dinner I watched Lost with Maccy and Ben, then I wrote this blog entry, then watched I'm a celebrity GMOOH with Maccy, then went to bed.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; mandarin; Cherry Genoa cake; mint kitkat; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Battered fish portion; chips; peas; tartare sauce; vinegar; ground black pepper. Pudding was bread & butter pudding with cream. Coffee.
Supper: ½ Strawberry jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.

No comments: