Sunday 9 November 2008

Zulu

Woke up this morning at 2.30am and went back to sleep. I woke up again at about 7am (my alarm actually woke me up, my watch has 2 alarms - one set at 5.30am and the other at 7.am) I could hear rain still being blown against the windows so I didn't bother getting up and went back to sleep. I got up about 8am, had a shower etc, then woke Ben up and had breakfast with him.

After that I went on the pinternet for a bit then we went to church. After church I played Super Mario 3 on the Wii with Mac.

After dinner I checked hotUKDeals and dpreview canon lens forum. I did a tiny bit of work on my website, then checked hotUKDeals, my email and ebay again. Also checked stockxchng and istock.

After tea I watched Zulu with Maccy & Ben. Ben had to go to bed before it finished though so we'll have to finish watching it tomorrow. I got outbid on a Lowepro waistbelt with quite a few pounches included on ebay. I bid £31 for it, they cost £30 new (without any pouches), but the auction didn't say what size it is, I need a medium size one. It finished up £36.70 total. There was a large size one with no pouches that finished the other day for £21.02 total and another one sold a few days ago for £31.98. I'm often surprised how people bid very near, or sometimes even more than the retail price for stuff on ebay. I froogled for the waistbelt, and found it on 7dayshop.com for £18.94 total, so ordered from there. Now I just need some lens pouches to go with it.

Previously I had thought that belt packs would restrict your movement with the lens pouches meaning you can't lift your legs very high. But I read the thread 'how do you carry your gear' on dpreview where lots of people said they use waist/belt packs. So I asked on there about what I thought would be a problem, and someone replied and said that you keep the larger lens pouches round your back or side. So it sounds like a good idea, and worth trying. Normally when I'm out on a walk with Rad I don't change my lens because it takes too much time and isn't particularly easy with the slingshot bag. Hopefully with a belt and lens pouches it should be much easier.

After buying that I went in Maccy's room and we read a useful article about what to do when you go to the airport. Then we went on expedia and google earth to try and see where shenmue places were.

The weather today was mostly cloudy, although the sun did appear a couple of times. There was a sunset today, then it rained in the evening.

Food
Breakfast: Coco pops & rice crispies mixed together; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Curry flavour rice; peas; posh chicken nuggets. Pudding was chocolate waffles with cream and heated up golden syrup & sliced banana. Coffee.
Tea: Beetroot with babyleaf salad sandwich; ½ cheese straw; satsuma; mince pie; cup o' tea.

No comments: