Wednesday 5 November 2008

Websiting

I got up at 5.35am this morning, hoping there would be a sunrise as the clouds that have been covering the sky for the last week or so started to break yesterday evening. Unfortunately the sky was again covered in a monotone grey cloud this morning, so there was no sunrise to see.

I checked dpreview, and read their review of the Panasonic LX3, then read their preview of the Olympus E30.

I was really sleepy so I went back to bed at about 8am, it took me ages to get to sleep but I did eventually, but then woke up at 9.30am with a headache.

I got up again and checked the dpreview canon lens forum and looked at someone's pics and notes from their tryp to Chernobyl. It took me quite a while to read all the new posts on subjects that interested me. Ater that I checked MooseNewsBlog and my spleenmail. One interesting piece of news in the photographyblog email I got was that Digital Railroad has shut down. They offered image hosting and licensing, and were going to be one of the companies I was going to look at when setting up my website for my photos.

I started checking hotUKDeals, then had lunch, then finished off checking hotukdeals. I checked The Web Squeeze and had received a very useful reply from Rakuli about the questions I asked yesterday about connecting to the database and (not) inserting duplicate values. After that I read a few other threads on there, there was an interesting one about using javascript to avoid spam bots harvesting email addresses. After that I did a search for 'hex code email address' to see whether the javascript solution would be better, and found this useful page that gives a list of lots of different ways to avoid email harvesting and how well the work.

The rest of the afternoon I did a bit of work on my website.

After dinner I watched Lost with Maccy and Ben, then finished watching 'The phantom blade' (or a similar name to that anyway) with Mac.

Food
Breakfast: Crunchy nut cornflakes; orange juice.
Lunch: Vintage cheddar cheese with lettuce sandwich; ibuprofen; cherry tomatoes; banana; apple; cup o' tea.
Afternoon snack: Twin break (fake kitkat); cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken and ham pie; carrots; potatoes; green beans. Pudding was 2x American style chocolate brownies. Coffee; Roses.

No comments: