Sunday 29 March 2009

blah de blah

This morning I went on Animal for a bit. Sow Joan didn't have any red turnip seeds, even though no-one else had bought one from her!

After church I went on Animal a bit more, then we had lunch.

After lunch I checked deviantart, Andy Rouse's blog, Moose Peterson's blog, The Luminous Landscape, my email and redBubble.

I tried setting up my 450D + MP-E with an SB800 + inflatable diffuser on a flash bracket. The results in terms of lack of highlight blowouts were excellent, but it was very unwieldy and when you're shooting at an angle at things on the ground, most of the flash is just going straight into the ground, rather than at the subject (unless you wanted to try and reposition the flash bracket all the time).

After that I tried making a bounce attachment for one of the MT-24EX flash heads, it seemed to work okay, though quite big and sticking out. Also all the shots I took were at f/5.6 rather than f/8 like my other diffusion test shots. There were still blown out areas, and I'm not sure if it's actually any better than any other diffusion methods. I was also using one of my larger home made diffusers on the other flash head, so it's hard to tell if any blown highlights are due to the bounce diffuser or the other diffuser.

After tea I watched 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' on TV with Mac, Ben and Clare. It was on channel 5 and they had about 5 minutes of adverts every 15mins. Quite annoying.

After that I did some more trying to work with the DOM in PHP. I've been trying to get getElementById() to work, as getElementById() is much faster than using xpath. However, I couldn't get it to work, so I think I'll just have to use xpath instead. The problem and possible solutions are detailed here: GetElementById Pitfalls.

The weather today was quite cold (there was ice in the morning), it was mainly sunny with clouds also drifting along. In contrast to the past week it wasn't very windy today.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken curry; rice; peas; sultanas. Pudding was trifle. Coffee; Quality Street.
Tea: Packet of Barbeque flavour crisps; mandarin (or might have been a satsuma, small orange thing anyway); fruit scone with 'I cannae believe it's nae butter jimmy'; piece of chocolate cereal cake; cup o' tea.

No comments: