Thursday 12 March 2009

Trying to setup RSync

This morning I woke up at 9.30am, which is quite a bit later than I normally get up - I normally get up about 8am.

I tried listening to some .vtz Spectrum sound files, but they wouldn't play in Deli Player 2 or in Winamp. So I did some googling and found AY-3-8910/12 Emulator, which seems to work quite well at playing the tunes.

Then I tried setting up RSync so I could copy my website files from Ubuntu to Windows, and then back them up with all my other stuff in Windows. I did get it working eventually, although not with SSH. I worked on getting it working most of the morning and all afternoon. I found this tutorial useful for setting up RSync on windows: Rsync for Windows. And this tutorial was useful for the command needed to backup to Windows from Linux: A Tutorial on Using RSync.

In the afternoon I also went in the garden for a few minutes and saw 2 bumble bees (or maybe the same one twice), about 6 flea beetles on one plant (and I found out why they're called flea beetles - they jump), and a little shiny beetle.

After dinner I watched Trashelstar with Mac, then I checked my email and the web squeeze.

The weather today was overcast in the morning and sunny & cloudy in the afternoon again. There was a bit of a sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; ibuprofen; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Sliced pickled Beetroot sandwich; packet of Flamin' chilli flavour Doritos; clementine; Chocolate Wacko; cup o' tea; piece of Sainsbury's Caramel Chocolate.
Dinner: Battered fish portion; potatoes; peas; salt. Pudding was a slice of jam swiss roll with custard; Chocolate Mini roll; coffee.
Supper: Coffee; Malted Milk; Choc chip cookie.

No comments: