Wednesday 25 March 2009

reading website stuff

This morning I started checking my email, then one of my emails was from sitepoint and had a link to an interview with Chris Wilson, the Platform Architect of the IE8 team, so I started listenin to that. Then I googled about the IE8 meta tag, and found this blog that I read quite a bit of: Bb RealTech.

I also got an email from Warehouse Express advertising the new Canon EOS 500D, however it was priced at about £900!!! I would expect it to be around half that price, maybe £500 when new and then dropping to £450 soon after release. Unless Canon have changed the rebel series to the same (or better) level than their xxD series cameras, this seems extremely expensive.

I checked dpreview, which of course had a Canon EOS 500D hands on preview posted already. However, I also found the article about Canon releasing a new Speedlite 270EX quite interesting. It looks like it might work quite well using the MT-24EX flash attachment ring, with an adjustable hotshoe pointing pack towards the camera. Then you could mount the 270EX in the adjustable hot shoe and attach a bounce diffusion device to bounce the flash down in front of the lens.

After lunch I went on Animal Crossing, then read the dpreview EOS 500D preview and finished checking my email. I checked the web squeeze and also did a bit of work on my photo website.

After dinner I went on the pinternet for a bit and also watched Swordsman 2 with Mac. It had ninjas that go underground and can also fly around on giant shurikens, a bloke who could suck the life out of anyone (deflating them in the process), and a woman who could explode ninjas using a whip!

The weather today was cloudy and a bit rainy in the morning, then cloudy and a bit sunny in the afternoon.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese with sweet & crunchy salad sandwich; black grapes; mint chocolate sandwich biscuit; cup o' tea; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.
Dinner: Spicy chicken pizza Ben made at school today; chips; sweet & crunchy salad. Pudding was rice pudding with sugary bean paste and strawberry jam. Quality Street; Coffee.
Supper: Oreo; coffee.

No comments: