Thursday 19 March 2009

Finishing off merging partitions

This morning my PC was still working on expanding the partitions that I told it to yesterday afternoon. I played on Animal for a bit, then went on a walk. I went down the old railway line towards Lubenham, then up the road towards East Farndon, then turned left down the footpath and walked down there towards the farm. Then I turned right and walked along the edge of the field where I walked about a week ago. There were lots of birds there last time I walked along there, but not many today. I did see a few sitting on the dead plants, but they flew away whenever I got near them.

Then I went back down the footpath across the middle of the field and went home. I didn't see much on my walk, just a few birds and a couple of butterflies - commas, I think.

When I got back home it was lunch time. After lunch I took some photos of a rhubarb leaf. Then my comp had finished changing the partitions (only took about 24hours!), but it said there were some links it couldn't move properly or sumat and to run my OS's error checking. I restarted the comp and it booted into Vista without me even having to use the installation DVD and fix the boot record.

I ran chkdsk c: /r, which needed to run when I restarted the PC. However, when I restarted the PC the chkdsk took about 2 seconds and said the Volume was 'clean'. I expected it to take ages doing all the checks. When I got into windows I ran chkdsk on the other partition, which is taking a long time, like I thought it should do. It's still checking at the moment.

While I was waiting for chkdsk to run on my e: I checked Andy Rouse's blog, Moose Peterson's blog, my email, the dpreview canon lens forum and the web squeeze.

After dinner I watched Lost and the last Blues Documentary with Mac.

The weather today was nice and sunny in the morning (though quite hazy), and overcast the rest of the day.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; clementine; slice of golden syrup cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Spaghetti; meatballs; mixed veg; paremgiannio or sumat cheese. Pudding was a caramel milk jelly thing and an American style chocolate brownie cookie.

No comments: