Friday 6 March 2009

Nice weather so went on a walk

This morning I checked my email and the web squeeze, then the weather was too nice so I had to go out. I went up the footpath just after the bridge, then across the field towards Farndon. When I got to the hedge between that field and the next field I went right, and then along the edge of the field and back down to the muddy track. There were lots of birds along the edge of that field, perching in the trees. Unfortunately I didn't get any good photos because as soon as I got (not very) near them they would fly away.

If I stayed still for a while then sometimes birds might come and perch in the trees nearby, but they would be obscured by the tree branches and still too far away for a good photo. I used the D200 + 70-300mm VR lens and found that as well as being too short it would have trouble focusing on the birds and tended to focus on branches behind them.

I went down the muddy track towards Lubenham, and when I got to the bit where the track ends and becomes a footpath, there were lots of birds down that footpath bit as well. I saw Robins, Bluetits, Chaffinches, Bullfinches, Yellowhammers, Goldfinches, and other birds I didn't recognise, but I guess buntings of some sort.

Then I walked down the road towards Lubenham, and in the field that used to be full of Ragwort and thistles that the farmer has now cultivated, there were some orange crocuses growing in amongst the crop, which I thought was quite strange. I didn't see any birds in the long grass on the other side of the road.

Then I walked back towards home across the field full of black plastic wrapped haybales.

I got home about 12.30pm, in time for lunch. After lunch I checked the Luminous Landscape and my email, then I went to see Trevor whose computer wasn't switching on. Unfortunately I couldn't help him with the computer, but the problem was similar to one I had when my power supply was the cause. So I suggested he just do the same as I did when I had the similar problem, and get someone professional to look at the computer and they could see what the problem is.

After that I opened and ironed my sheets, which had arrived in the post today. That took quite a long time and I got quite worn out from standing up for so long.

Then I checked the web squeeze again and started checking my email again, then it was dinner time.

After dinner I watched The Blues: Red, White and Blues with Mac. It was about british blues artists, and was quite interesting as it had Van Morrison in it, who I didn't know was a blues singer. It also had a snippet of a performance by Sister Rosetta Tharpe (not from the UK though), who was great:


After watching that I went on Animal for a bit. Annoyingly I went into Nooks and he said 'Welcome Rusty' or whatever it is he said, then straight away he said it was closing time and I had to leave. What was the point in welcoming me and then telling me to leave straight away, eh Nook?

The weather was sunny most of the morning, then started to cloud over about 11.30am. In the afternoon it was a mixture of cloud and sun. It was cloudy in front of the sun at sunset, so there wasn't a sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Grated mature cheddar cheese with French style salad sandwich; banana; mince pie; chocolate waver bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x fish cakes; cheesey mashed potato; potato; peas; tomato ketchup. Pudding was a piece of Tiramisu with squirty cream. Coffee.

No comments: