Thursday 21 May 2009

computering and photoing

In the morning I sorted the photos I'd taken the last couple of days, then did a backup. I found that my external e-SATA 1TB drive wasn't appearing in the drives list, and Vista refused to shut down or start when it was plugged in. When starting the comp up though, it was being detected okay, and appeared in the JMicron controller drive list as a non RAID drive.

Not sure if this is what the problem is, the JMicron controller was configured as RAID. So I had to backup to that drive using USB.

After that I checked my email and took some photos of a couple of plants from downstairs. I checked my deviant art, and painted some bits of paper to try and use as backgrounds for macros. I'm not sure how well they'll work as the colours aren't very saturated.

After lunch I went on Animal, then I installed my SATA hotswap drive that arrived from dealextreme today. I found my comp was very dusty inside, and spent ages cleaning it with a duster and rocket blower.

After getting the drive installed and working, I finished taking photos of the plants from downstairs, then went in the garden and took some photos of plants there. After that I sorted the photos I'd taken today.

After dinner I took some more photos in the garden and then watched The Tick with Moccle and Lil' L. Then I did some website stuff, then checked The Luminous Landscape and Juza Nature Forums a bit.

After that I listened to some skilk 103.2 songs with Moccle and then watched some youtube videos.



Food
Breakfast: Choc crunch oat cereal; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich; cherry plum tomato; apple; grapes; piece of Fabulous bakin' boys' flapjack; Tesco caramel Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x Delee pork & herb sausages; mashed potato; baked beans. Pudding was a slice of mandarin cheesecake. Coffee.

No comments: