Wednesday 13 May 2009

Watching films & TV

This morning I checked my email and watched 'Last Hurrah For Chivalry' while I backed up my pictures to my new 1.5TB harddrive. I decided to keep backing up My Music to the Lacie drive, and jut backup my other files and pictures to the 1.5TB drive (there wasn't enough room on it to hold My Music as well). I will also continue backing up My pictures to my 1TB external drive, so I have 2 backups of My Pictures.

This is just a double safeguard, so if the main drive fails and the backup drive fails, I still have another backup. Since my pictures are worth quite a lot to me, this makes sense to do this (really I should have an offsite backup, but I can't arrange that).

After lunch I went on Animal Crossing, and got the tail for my Seismo skeleton, which was the last piece that I needed, and have needed for quite a while. I also caught a red snapper and Barred Knife Jaw in a row, and caught another red snapper later. Wahoo!

After that I checked my spleenmail again, then tried to do some work on my website. I found that exiftool wasn't outputting a © sign into UTF-8 format, but was outputting everything else in UTF-8. This meant that json_decode() didn't work as it didn't like the © sign not being in UTF-8 encoding. If I did a utf_encode() on the json string, then it would json_decode() okay, but all the other UTF-8 characters would get messed up.

After dinner I watched the last episode of The Legend Of Zelda with Moc and Lad, then watched episode 7 of Shaka Zulu with Moc. Moc got Shaka Zulu on his Love Film rental even though he didn't order it. We thought it was a film, but actually it was a TV series, and the disc just had episode 7, 8, and 9 on it. So we just watched episode 7 of it. It was Geoff Allbright.

After that me, Moc and Lil' L started watching POTC3, but it kept being stuttery so Mociac took the disc out to spleen it, but then when he put it back it had loads of unskipable adverts (as it's a rental bluray), so we didn't bother watching it and watched an episode of Super Mario World instead. It's weird how in cave world all the cave people and dinosaurs talk like babies. Moc finds it annoying but I just think it's funny.

Food
Breakfast: Blackcurrant jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich; clementine; slice of Lyle's Golden Syrup cake; Fox's Triple; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Beef & Ale pie; green beans; potatoes; cauliflower. Pudding was a Muller fruit corner. Coffee; Small Easter egg ball thingy; piece of Green & Black's Maya Gold; a couple of pieces of Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.

No comments: