Sunday 23 May 2010

Normal Sunday stuff

This morning I started cutting out some pogs in Photoshop, went to church, continued my pogging, had dinner, then finished cutting out the pogs.

While I was waiting for the images to upload to my Pog website I changed the pano quality buttons for my pano website so that they were all one image (an image map) instead of a separate image for each button and each state (2 buttons with standard, hover, and active states made for 6 images).

After doing that, the pog images were still uploading, so I checked bythom.com, nikonrumors.com, and canonrumors.com. When I'd got up to date on all of those, the pog images were still uploading, so I thought I'd get the pano I was working on yesterday evening ready for the web.

But when I loaded it into devalVR to check it was okay, I found that the nadir was really messed up. What I had done yesterday when processing the pano was to take the pano without the nadir patched (that I'd already processed), which was an equirectangular image, and the handheld nadir image, which was a fullframe fisheye image, and put them into PTGUI. Then in PTGUI I set the correct lens paramteres for each image, added control points, and optimised. Then I exported the nadir image.

I put this nadir image into photoshop, and patched the nadir with it in the normal way, just using a layer mask. It looked okay in Photoshop, but when you actually viewed it in DevalVR, it was pretty badly distorted.

So I decided to re-process the pano completely. But the pog images finally finished uploading, so I updated my pog website first.

After re-processing the pano, I spent quite a bit of the evening looking for books on Market Harborough and also looking for some new trainers. We got a Sports Direct catalogue, so I looked up some Karrimor trainers in there that it said were like RRP £75, but they were selling for £20. Surprise suprise, they were £15 on Amazon (not sure if Sports Direct charge extra for delivery as well). The reviews on Amazon weren't very favourable either.

I found two different shoes that seem to get good review, the North Face Hedgehog XCR, which the cheapest I found was £60, and the Berghaus Mens Pro Rush Low II GTX, which the cheapest I found was £75 (actually Amazon only has reviews of the Pro Rush GTX I, but I assume the II version should be even better).

Food
Breakfast: Lemon Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Chicken Curry; Mixed Veg; Sultanas; Rice. Pudding was Neapolitan Ice Cream. Cup o' Tea; A few pieces of Galaxy Chocolate.
Tea: Peppered Ham with Dijon Mustard, Cherry Tomatoes, and Salad Sandwich; Satsuma; Rocky; Cup o' Tea.

No comments: