Friday 28 May 2010

Taking more photos

This morning I started to do a binary comparison of My Pictures with my other backup of it. While that was going on I checked my email.

About 11am I went on a walk down the old railway line. I did see quite a few butterflies around the same place I saw a few last year, on the path at an entrance to a field. Unfortunately they were very active, and I didn't get any photos (other than some blurred ones). I think there were Common Blues (mostly), Brown Argus, and Small Copper butterflies. Down the old railway line I also saw Speckled Woods and Orange tips.

In the afternoon I sorted the photos I'd taken in the morning and posted a few to Wild About Britain to try and get some IDs.

In the evening I went out to see if I could find the butterflies in a less active state. I couldn't find them anywhere, but I did find green weevils. Strangely they seemed to just drop off the plants they were on when I got near them. I did manage to get a few photos though.

It looked like there was going to be a nice sunset - there was a large cloud in the sky, and a gap between the cloud and the horizon, so the sun could light up the underside of the cloud as it set. Sadly, the sun didn't actually light up the underside of the cloud as it set, and so the sunset was actually pretty rubbish.

There were lots of mosquitoes about as well, which was annoying.

When I got back home I discovered that my GPS hadn't been recording a tracklog, even though I had set it to before I left. So I had to manually geocode the images in Google Earth (using Robogeo).

After doing that I wrote this blog post so far. I posted to the Wild about Britain website again to see if I could get IDs for my evening photos, then wrote a blog post for my photo website about last week's walk down the old railway line.

The weather was mainly sunny, with a few clouds around, then got more cloudy towards sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Ham with Salad and Cherry Tomatoes Sandwich; Satsuma; Piece of Tiramisu; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Cornish Pastie; Bit of Potato; Baked Beans; Brown Sauce; Slice of Bread. Pudding was a slice of Blackcurrant Cheesecake.
Supper: Cadbury's Milk Chocolate Digestive; Malted Milk; ½ Cup o' Tea.

No comments: