Tuesday 4 May 2010

Photo Website Blogging

This morning I was doing a backup, but it was very slooow. It's weird, but it seems like when I backup my Korea and Japan photos drive, it goes really slow. I have two backup drives, and it is slow backing up to both of them. The backups used to be okay, and it seems unlikely that both drives would suddenly develop a fault at the same time, so I don't know why the backups have started being slow. Backup of my other drives still work okay.

My computer was also really slow while the backup was running, even though task manager didn't show high CPU or RAM usage. So while I was waiting for the backup to finish I read a bit more of John Shaw's Close-ups in Nature, and got up to date on The Luminous Landscape and Moose Peterson's blog.

I spent the rest of the day writing blog posts about our 2nd day in Korea, back in October last year, for my photo website.

In the evening I also watched an episode of Star Trek TNG with Mauser and L. Jonathan Frakes suddenly has a beard (and no explanation is given as to why), Gates McFadden has been replaced with a new doctor (but for how long?), Michael Dorn now wears a golden shirt, Levar Burton has been promoted to chief engineer, and Colm Meaney was in it! There was also a bloke with a moustache where the camera zoomed into his skill face.

The weather was mostly sunny, though it clouded over later in the afternoon. It was pretty windy again.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Maple and Pecan Crunch oat Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Sliced Cumberland Sausage with Mayonnaise, Sliced Cherry Tomatoes, Shredded Carrot, Sliced Pepper, and Lettuce Sandwich; Apple; Slice of Chocolate Cereal Cake that Clare made a few days ago; Cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken & Mushroom Slice; Potatoes; Carrots; Peas; Sweetcorn. Pudding was a slice of Golden Syrup Cake with Golden Syrup and Custard. Coffee.

No comments: