Tuesday 18 May 2010

Pano processing

After breakfast this morning I went out in the garden to see if there were any insects around. Other than a few 'normal' flies, there didn't seem to be anything. I did see what was probably a baby blackbird (judging by its call), but it looked like a fat female adult. It was quite nice in the garden, just listening to all the different birds singing.

After a few minutes I came back in and got on with the job of preparing the low res cube faces for all the panos currently on my pano website. Some of the older panos were also using a cube face of something like 1592px, whereas my current high res cube faces are 2000px, so I also re-generated the cube faces at 2000px for those panos.

At 9.55am, I thought I was nearly done, but then I remembered there was actually a few more I hadn't done. It actually took until 11am for me to get all the work done and the website updated.

I checked my email, then had lunch.

After lunch I started processing some panos I took a couple of weeks ago when the trees between Welland Park and Welland Park Road were blossoming. Unfortunately the one of the trees blossoming didn't come out that well - when I took the photos for the pano it was overcast, resulting in a blown out white sky that doesn't contrast with the white blossoms. Also, due to the wind blowing the blossoms around, when I tried blending the multiple exposures in Photoshop to try and keep the blossoms bright without overexposing the rest of the image, this just resulted in a blurry mess.

So I ended up with grey blossoms and a white sky. And now we're having better weather (it is still mainly cloudy, but there are at least periods of sustained sunshine) all the blossoms are gone, so there's no chance to reshoot. That's just the way it goes I suppose.

I spent all afternoon and most of the evening working on the 3 panos, and also went on the internet a bit while waiting for things to save etc.

The weather was sunny the first half of the morning, then was cloudy the rest of the morning. In the afternoon there was a mixture of sun and clouds, I'd say probably ¾ of the afternoon was cloudy and ¼ was sunny.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Breaded Ham with Dijon Mustard, Iceberg Lettuce, Sliced Cherry Tomatoes, and Sliced Raddish Sandwich; Satsuma; Home-made Biscuit; Slice of Appel Strudel with Evaporated Milk; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Slice of Bacon and Onion Quiche; Savoury Rice; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was Rhubarb Crumble with Custard. Coffee.

No comments: