Sunday 8 August 2010

Poggin

This morning I started cutting out some pogs in Photoshop, then went to Church. After Church I made dinner for me and L, then watched an episode of Power Rangers with L.

In the afternoon I carried on cutting out pogs in Photoshop, and updated my pog website. I also found this skill bloke called Mr B. The Gentleman Rhymer who does skill banjo and posh english covers of rave and rap songs:



After tea I watched an episode of TNG, it was the first one to feature 'Barclay', Dwight Schultz of A-Team fame. The rest of the evening I processed the pano I took yesterday evening, and even managed to get it up on my pano website. A turn around of just over 24 hours, must be a record for me!

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get it up on my photo website as the upload speed was being too slow and I didn't want to leave my comp on uploading all night.

After writing that line above, I checked Filezilla again, and it had magically cleared its queue, so I thought that actually I could upload the image to my photo website tonight.

But then the light started to flicker, and there was a power cut. My UPS stopped my PC from cutting out, so I just switched it off normally as quickly as possible (the UPS battery only lasts for a few minutes).

It was pitch black, but luckily Mauser's Google phone has a bright LED that can be used as a torch, which enabled us to find some real torches. Since there wasn't anything to do in the dark without electricity, I just went to bed, it was after 10pm anyway.

Loads of people's burglar alarms went off due to the power cut. I'm not sure if it was the power cut that triggered them, or if people had gone to bed already and switched them on, then triggered the alarm while they were fumbling around in the dark trying to find a torch.

No comments: