Thursday 5 August 2010

Uploading photos

This morning (and a bit of the afternoon) I was mainly checking my email and uploading my Barnsdale panos to my photo website.

Later in the afternoon I did a bit of sorting of the other Barnsdale photos. I also looked at my webhosting, which is coming up for renewal.

To upgrade to my hosting plan with WebFaction to Shared 3 it would cost me an extra $9.50 per month (on the yearly plan), which would get me an extra 40MB memory. But the Shared 1 plan is only $8.50 per month, and comes with 80MB of memory.

So I wondered if it was possible to have both a Shared 1 plan and a Shared 2 plan. I was going to send a message to WebFaction support asking about this, but then saw their FAQ states (Emphasis mine):
An account can have multiple plans. Multiple shared plans aggregate disk space and bandwidth across servers (memory is not aggregated). Dedicated server resources are not aggregated.
It seems a bit unfair that the memory can't be aggregated, and that the extra memory costs a lot more to add to a plan than it does compared with opening a new plan. But I guess this reflects more on how cheap / generous their basic plan is than the memory upgrade costs being unreasonable.

In the evening I did some more photo sorting / metadataring and also watched an episode of Star Trek TNG with Mauser.

There was a really nice sunset where the overcast sky was lit up a firey orange, and the hills in the east were lit up the same colour.

No comments: