Thursday 16 April 2009

Made some Eccles cakes

This morning I watched 'Me too!' and 'Big Cook, Little Cook'. In Me Too, it was about Micky John, the teacher again. He was 'teaching' his class about mountains, by telling them to draw pictures of mountains, and if they hadn't seen one, just to imagine one. He did have a book on Mountains, but didn't bother showing it to the class at all.

He also collected a load of waste paper and stuck it together into a 'volcano', which looked like a pile of paper stuck together with some red and yellow paper on top.

After watching those I went on Animal Crossing for a bit, then did some website work until lunch. After lunch I finished off what I was doing on my website, and then made some Eccles cakes with Ben.

After that I checked whether adding my custom xmp data in Bridge would work. It did, but I wasn't sure if arrays/bags were working properly.

After dinner I watched Lost, which was about Miles. Then I carried on trying to see if Bridge was storing my bag/array fields as proper bag/arrays or just text.

It seems that if you edit a custom xmp bag field using the metadata pane, then the data is stored as plain text. If you edit the custom xmp bag field from the File Info dialog, then it will save it as a proper bag field. Whichever way you do it first, the data will stay in that format. So if you edit a bag field first using the metadata pane, then edit the same field in the File Info dialog, it will still be saved as a text field, whilst if you edit a bag field first using the File Info dialog, then edit the same field in the metadata pane, it will still be saved as a bag field.

Quite annoying, as I like editing data in the metadata pane rather than the File Info dialog. So far my googling hasn't turned up anyone else mentioning this or any solutions, so I may download a Lightroom demo and see how that manages.

I did a backup, then went to bed.

The weather today was overcast all day and it rained for quite a while.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Golden Nuggets; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese with sweet & crunchy salad sandwich made with bakery bread; Honey and banana sandwich made with bakery bread; Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Lasagne; cauliflower; baked potato; green beans. Pudding was a slice of toffee cheesecake; Cadbury's Twirl; coffee.

No comments: