Thursday 2 April 2009

Not a lot

This morning I checked my email and the websqueeze, then did some more work on the query I was working on yesterday, changing it so I didn't need to specify the node depth and the query would find out the depth itself. I also put the washing out in the garden and had a look for insects a couple of times, but didn't see any.

After that I went on Animal Crossing for a bit, ate lunch, then went on Animal a bit more. After that I posted some pogs to someone in Brazil who emailed me about doing a swap. I used the Royal Mail online postage printing, which I was very impressed with. The process was simple and straight forward, and even got me to fill out and print a customs declaration automatically. It took me a while to go through the process, but probably 100x faster than going to the post office. If you used the service regularly and had your address and credit card details saved you could probably complete the process very quickly.

After that I was listening to HFM and they had a person promoting 'healthy chocolate' on Moley's show. I looked it up on the pinternet and ebay, it's very expensive at about £1 for a 6g square!!! As far as I can tell it probably is healthier than normal chocolate, but not worth the huge premium over other high coacoa dark chocolates, and probably not as amazing and healthy as the Oxcai reps make out.

I read Is Oxcai A Scam? and the first and last couple of pages of Xocai - healthy chocolate or just another MLM scam. Listening to the radio broadcast, what I found interesting was when Moley asked the rep why it wasn't available to buy in shops, the rep just said that the product creator had already made a healthy chocolate before, and sold it in shops in the US and it was a great success with $383,000,000 in sales (something like that anyway). She said the creator wanted to create a really healthy high anti-oxidant chocolate, and no process existed so they had to develop it themselves and got a patent on it. And because the chocolate is cold pressed you don't loose all the goodness from the coacoa like you do with traditional chocolate, which is heated.

So she didn't answer the question at all, just tried to sell the product, kind of like how no Oxcai reps would answer the questions in the thread at 4networking about Oxcai's patent or independent trials showing Oxcai's healthy benefits.

After that I edited some photos.

After dinner I tried to rip my Tetris CDS, which arrived today. First of it made the CD drive go really loud and vibratey, so I had to restart my PC as the CD drive wouldn't eject. After that Exact Audio Copy (EAC) would just quit when I tried to extract the CD. I downloaded the latest version but still had the same problem. So I loaded up my IE6 virtual machine and downloaded EAC on that. I couldn't be bothered getting LAME set up with the best settings, so I just ripped the CD to FLAC and then copied it over to My Music.

Then I watched Lost with Mac and Ben and The Office (US) with Mac. After that I sorted some photos, checked my email and the Luminous Landscape.

The weather today was overcast all day except from about 5.30pm-6.00pm it was sunny. In the morning it was a bit foggy as well.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese with crunchy salad sandwich; 2x small clementines; slice of chocolate swiss roll; breakaway; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x sausage rolls; mashed potato; baked beans. Pudding was Jamaica Ginger cake with golden syrup and custard. Coffee.
Supper: Crinckle crunch; choc chip cookie; coffee.

No comments: