Wednesday 8 April 2009

Taking photos and cleaning the pond

This morning I watched some more CBeebies with Ben. In 'Me Too' there was a teacher who was hungry and his stomach made a really weird sound, kind of like a sound effect that sounds nothing like a stomach rumbling. Granny Murray conveniently had some bread and cheese wrapped up in cling film that she gave him.

He used a speedboat to get to School, then when the kids came into the classroom he didn't pay any attention to them as he was too busy trying to find bits to make a toy pirate ship with. At lunch time he just went to sleep, and when the kids came back into the classroom he didn't wake up until one of the kids woke him.

Then he 'taught' the kids about shapes by eating his sandwiches. Weirdly he just had bread and cheese for his sandwiches, and didn't have any butter or margarine. He also pulled a workbook off one of the kids while they were still writing in it, and then 'marked' it. To him marking meant just sticking a smiley face sticker in the book, not reading it all. I guess there wouldn't be much point reading it anyway since he didn't let the child finish writing.

While he was 'teaching' at school, Granny Murray and some kids dressed up as pirates and went on a boat.

Also in the morning I tried to set up digital TV on Mac's comp so I could screenshot TV programs like 'Me Too' and then Mac could see the screenshots. I got the DVB stick installed okay, and a trial version of BlazeDTV installed, which found all the TV channels okay. But the BlazeDTV window that contained the actual TV stream wouldn't go on the the TV (the extended desktop). Whenever I moved the window to the TV, it would just go back to the monitor.

I tried setting the TV as the primary monitor, but then BlazeDTV just wouldn't work at all.

I did a little bit of work on my website as well, and I think I have got all the hierarchical structure node insertion functions working now, though I haven't tested them extensively and they still needed to be modified to also update the table that contains the node paths, and to work with AJAX calls.

After lunch I went on Animal Crossing, I couldn't do much as Nooks was closed for remodelling. I think the store might be getting smaller, but will be open for longer hours. It will be interesting to see.

For the rest of the afternoon, and part of the evening, I took photos of a geranium. I also went in the garden for a bit, where Clare and Ben (on Easter holiday) were emptying the pond out. There were quite a few frogs in the pond, which was interesting since I haven't seen any frogs in or around the pond since probably October. There were also some diving beetles and weird little things that I guess were Damselfly nymphs.

The pond is a lot cleaner now, I hope that the life in the pond wasn't eating/relying on the mucky water though.

In the evening I also checked the canon lens forum on dpreview, deviantart and the websqueeze. There was a male pheasant in the back garden so I watched him for a bit as well.

The weather today was a bit cloudy, but mainly sunny. It was very windy again, which made it cold.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Eggy bread with bovril; Packet of prawn cocktail flavour crisps; ½ (big) banana; slice of jam and buttercream sponge layer cake; chocolate digestive bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Slice of Ham Quiche; potatoes; peas. Pudding was a slice of Genoa cake. Coffee.
Supper: Bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.

No comments: