Wednesday 1 April 2009

Finished MT-24EX diffusion testing now I think

This morning I checked my email and kept going in the garden in the hope of finding some flea beetles I could test my home-made bouncer diffuser for the MT-24EX twin flash. Unfortunately whenever I did see a flea beetle, it would promptly hide. I also did some work on my photo website. Eventually I did get a few flea beetle pics as well.

After lunch I went on Animal Crossing, and the animals did rubbish tricks since it's April Fools day. I tried to fool the Mayor by making him walk into a pitfall, but he just walked right over it! So I tried to do a another trick on him and get him run over by the bus, but that didn't work either :(

I took some photos of the macro setup I'd been testing, then took some more photos using my big home-made diffuser and one of the smaller new diffusers I'd made in the past few weeks. At 3x magnification, I set the flash power to 1/16 on the top flash with the large diffuser, and 1/64 power on the flash with the small diffuser to the left. The results were really great I thought.

The rest of the afternoon and part of the evening I was trying to figure out the SQL needed to get the siblings of a node using the Nested Set model. In the end I took the query for finding the Immediate Subordinates of a Node from the MySQL example, and added a subquery to the subquery that finds the parent of the currently selected node. Actually, the subquery I added doesn't find the immediate parent of the selected node, but rather the parent at a given depth level. So if the depth level given is wrong, then it will mess everything up. However, to find the depth in the query, I think I'd need to add another subquery. Maybe I will do that, but the query is pretty massive as it is, and my list of table aliases I have to lock is pretty large now as well.

In the evening as well as trying to figure out how to do that query, I also finished watching 'The Manchurian Candidate' with Mac. I thought it was too long and boring with lots of parts that weren't really important to the plot or character development. Not a bad film though, so I gave it 6/10.

The weather today was a mixture of sun and clouds with more sun that clouds most of the day, though it was clouded over completely about 4pm onwards.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with mustard and crunchy salad sandwich; banana; chocolate digestive bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Peas; Spicy chicken Deep pan pizza; potatoes. Pudding was Lemon pud with custard. Coffee; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.
Supper: Scone with I didn't think it was butter; cup o' tea.

No comments: