Wednesday 6 January 2010

Getting hardly anything done (an improvement from yesterday)

This morning I checked if my question on TWS about an equivalent to 'INSERT IF NOT EXISTS' for mysql had been answered. It hadn't, and since I wrote a while ago, I thought I'd try my luck on Sitepoint, and so asked the question there.

Amazingly I did get some answers on Sitepoint, so that was useful.

I also managed to add some metadata to a few files from the 3rd day of our Shropshire Holiday in July. One of them I thought might be a photo of the 'Shooting Box'. I did quite a bit of internet research, but couldn't tell if my photo was of the 'Shooting Box' or not, so I asked on WAB

In the morning it snowed a couple of centimetres, so in the late afternoon when the sun was shining nice and yellow, I wanted to go out and take some photos. Unfortunately I couldn't as I needed to look after G-Dad and also there were some people coming round to see McRad (who had gone to pick someone up from the station).

Also, with the help of folks on the Ubuntu forums, I think I finally managed to get MySQL working on my Ubuntu Virtual Machine again. I think the reason it broke is that when Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 terminated the VMWare process running the Ubuntu Virtual Machine, it corrupted the database tables. So I have spent a couple of days trying to fix mysql, just because of MS Virtual PC 2007. Thanks MS!

I also watched an episode of Power Rangers with L and Moccle where Billy and Kimberley become Punks. It was almost too ultimate. And I watched a rubbish film with Mauser, which was like a film of a play (they mainly use play like sets and effects, though there were a few computer effects). But the story was boring and also random stuff would happen. It was called Princess Racoon or sumat.

The weather today was snowy in the morning, then mostly cloudy in the afternoon, then ended up sunny, with an okay sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Lime Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Honey & Mustard Ham with Iceberg Lettuce Sandwich; Banana; Slice of Stollen; Posh Chocolate Biscuit; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Broccoli; Mixed Veg; Potatoes; Slice of Chicken Pie; Gravy. Pudding was a Home-made Chocolate Muffin with a Milky Bar Button on top. Coffee; Cherry Liqueur.

No comments: