Wednesday 27 January 2010

Uploading images

This morning I was uploading more photos to my photo website. I also had one photo that somehow I had missed out on processing, so I had to process that. A few images were missing metadata or needing cropping and converting to JPEGs from TIFFs, so I did that as well.

After lunch McRad wanted to go on the internet, and since uploading an image seems to stop any downloads while it's uploading, I had to stop the uploads for a bit. While I was waiting I checked my email and The Web Squeeze.

McRad finished going on the pinternet, so I carried on uploading some more images while doing some work on my pano website. I was trying for ages to figure out why my rewrite rule for the panoramas wasn't working properly. It seemed that the flash panoramas player was ignoring the query string added by the rewrite, and was instead working based on the URL displayed in the browser.

Then eventually I figured it out, obviously the flash file will be working based on the URL in the browser. Since Flash is a client side technology, it wouldn't receive the silent rewrite creating the query string done by the server.

After figuring out how to get the pano to work, I started writing up some blog post for the photo website about some of the images I've uploaded to the website over the last couple of days.

In the evening I also watched an episode of Power Rangers with L and Mauser, and Cape Fear with Mauser.

The weather started off overcast, then started to brighten up during the morning. After lunch it clouded over again and rained a bit, then was overcast the rest of the day.

Food
Breakfast: Orange Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Cheese topped bun; Chicken with Mayonnaise, sliced Tomato, and Crispy Salad Sandwich; Banana; Grapes; Chocolate Snowball; Cup o' Tea; Couple of pieces of Sainsbury's Caramel Chocolate.
Dinner: Cheese & Corned Beef Fritter; Baked Beans; Mashed Potato; Brown Sauce; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was Jamaica Ginger Cake with Custard and Golden Syrup. Coffee; 4x Pieces of Sainsbury's Truffle Chocolate.
Supper: Dark Chocolate Digestive Biscuit; Cup o' Tea.

No comments: