Sunday 14 February 2010

Having a headache

This morning I started cutting out some GT caps in photoshop, then went to Church. After Church I finished cutting out the GT Caps, then it was dinner time.

After dinner I uploaded the images to my Pog website and updated it, my facebook fanpage for the site, and my twitter for the site.

I checked the Luminous Landscape and Moose Peterson's blog, then went to bed as I had a bad headache.

I got up when it was tea time, then after tea I watched Mauser go on 1 vs. 100 for a bit, which had lots of hard questions (yes, really), then we watched Battleship Potemkin.

After that I tried to redeem a Google adwords voucher that I had received in the post. However, when signing up to adwords to claim the voucher, it turned out that actually there is a £5 activation fee, and they won't take this from your voucher, you have to pay them from your credit card or via bank transfer. As well as this, the minimum payment you can make is £10. Despite this, I thought I might as well go ahead and pay the £10, since the voucher was for £75.

After doing this though, it said my account only had £10 in it. So I tried to find out what to do if your promotional code hadn't worked (I entered it in the billing part of the sign-up process). Eventually I found a help topic on how to enter the promotional code after you've sgned up, so I thought I may as well try that and enter the code again.

But when I did this, I got a message that the code had already been used. So I went and checked my account page again, and now it had been credited with the voucher. Very annoying waste of my time.

After this, I decided to check whether my ad was appearing, I found that it wasn't running for 'tazos' or 'milkcaps', but I had first place result in both of those anyway! Then I tried 'Pogs', which I was still about 6th for, but the ad wasn't running there. So I went through the Google help to try and find out what the problem was.

I used the Ads Diagnostic Tool, but this wasn't helpful at all - it said that I wasn't bidding on that keyword, but in the Campaign screen I can plainly see that I am bidding on 'Pogs' and that it is enabled. Going back to the help page, it gave a number of generic reasons why your ad might not be showing, most of them weren't valid in my case, but this one was:
Server Delay
There may be a brief delay before your ads are actually displayed once you have created them. Sometimes it takes our servers longer than usual to upload and prepare to serve your ads. Try checking for your ad again after a few hours have elapsed.
So I'll just have to hope that that's the case, and check again tomorrow.

The weather was overcast all day.

Food
Breakfast: Orange Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
After Church Snack: Coffee; Shortbread Finger; Choc Chip Cookie.
Dinner: Bowl of Vegetable Soup; ½ Hotdog with Tartar sauce and Dijon Mustard; ½ Hotdog with Tomato Ketchup. Pudding was Apple Pie with Spleenvap and Cream. Coffee.
Tea: ½ Mature Cheddar Cheese Sandwich; Packet of Prawn Cocktail Flavour Crisps; Clementine; Slice of homemade delee Coffee Cake.
Supper: Cup o' tea; Slice of homemade delee Coffee Cake.

No comments: