Tuesday 2 February 2010

Photo Processing

This morning I finished processing my photos of Bishop's Castle, then uploaded them to my photo website.

I wrote a blog post for my photo website about Acton Scott, and found that somehow quite a few photos on my website didn't have their rating recorded (this is important as the website orders the photos by their rating). I checked one of the photos, and it did have the rating recorded in the XMP.

Looking at the database, I could see one photo had NULL for its rating, finding the image on my hard drive, I found this was because I hadn't given it a rating. So I fixed that. But then were quite a few images (probably about 20) with a rating of zero. The images did have actual ratings, but for some reason 0 had been recorded instead of the real rating.

There didn't seem to be any reason or pattern behind it, it just seemed that randomly 0 would be recorded for the rating. All the other metadata seemed to be recorded properly on these problem images.

So I went through all the photos with a rating of 0, found them on my hard drive, and what their actual rating was, and then updated the database with their correct rating. This took quite a while. I need to try and make sure I always check what rating is being added to the database whenever I upload an image now, then hopefully it will help me try and figure out what/where the problem is.

While updating the ratings of the images I found one image had an incorrect title, but after updating it I got caught in a redirect loop when I tried to access the page. I found I had for some reason based the URL checking on the filename of the image, even though I have a field in the database called 'url_name'. So I updated my page to use 'url_name' instead, and then it worked okay.

In the afternoon I added metadata to images from Clun, and found the following pages useful:

When I was done doing the descriptions for the Clun photos, I did a backup and wrote this blog post so far.

When the backups were done and I'd finished checking my email, I processed a couple of panos, and then played on Civ IV in Mauser's room while L played on Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts on the Xbox.

After dinner I watched 'Duel' with Mauser, then played on Civ IV a bit more.

The weather was rain nearly all day.

Food
Breakfast: Orange Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: 2x Cheese on toasts; Stick of Celery; 2x Clementines; Slice of home-made Victoria Sandwich Cake with Strawberry Jam; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese; Mixed Veg; Tomato Kecthup; Parmesan Cheese; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was a Muller Fruit Corner. Coffee; Piece of Chocolate; Strawberry Wand.

No comments: