Saturday 27 February 2010

Processing and uploading photos

This morning I finished off processing the batch of Korea photos I've been working on for the past week (yes, it took me a week to add metadata to and process 37 photos).

Yesterday evening I was getting annoyed with Adobe Bridge saying that it couldn't save metadata to jpegs. When you pressed OK on the File Info panel, it would just pop up a message saying there was an error and it couldn't save the metadata, then go back to the normal Bridge view. So you would loose all the metadata you'd just entered.

If you tried again, it would then save okay, but of course, you have to enter all the information you wanted to save in the metadata agin, so quite annoying. I remembered that I had heard about Photomechanic software being used for adding metadata to images, and that quite a few Pros used Photomechanic.

So I had a look at Photomechanic, but it cost $150, a bit much for a program just for adding metadata. So I looked to see if Photo Mechanic had any benefits over Adobe Lightroom. Reading this thread, it seems that people just use PhotoMechanic for culling images due to its fast preview rendering of images. So not much use to me.

In the afternoon I wrote this blog post so far, and then processed an image I'd missed in the morning. I checked the metadata on all the image's I'd processed so far, then started uploading them to my photo website. While I was waiting for the images to upload I read of of 'Close ups in Nature' by John Shaw, and also started processing a pano.

After dinner I finished uploading the photos to my photo website and also finished processing the pano I'd been working on.

The weather today was mostly overcast, though the sun did break through a few times. Before sunset there were quite a few clouds around with breaks in them, so it looked like it was going to be a good sunset, but then they blew away and were replaced by one giant cloud (overcast) so there wasn't a visible sunset. In the morning and in the evening it rained. It also rained occasionally throughout the afternoon.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Banana and Choco Puffs Cereal and Maple and Pecan Crunch Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese with Salad Sandwich made with fresh Bread-Maker-made Bread; Egg & Bacon Mini Scotch Egg thing; Crust of fresh Bread-Maker-made Bread with Blackcurrant Jam; Mini Waver Chocolate Bar; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Breaded Fish Portion; Tartar Sauce; Ground Black Pepper; Peas; Mashed Potato. Pudding was: Aero White Chocolate Mousse; Fox's Crinkle Crunch Cream; Dark Chocolate Digestive. Coffee.

No comments: