Monday 15 February 2010

Uploading images

This morning I checked my adwords were working, but they still weren't, so after checking the help, and not finding anything helpful, I posted to the Google adwords forum. I'm not holding much hope though, there were quite a few threads from people saying their ads weren't showing up, and there was no reason why, and no response from anyone at Google as to what the problem was.

After that I started uploading the Brown Clee Hill photos to my photo website. While they were uploading, I cut out some Slammer Whammers in photoshop, and started adding a twitter and facebook button to my pog website.

After lunch I carried on uploading the Brown Clee Hill photos to my photo website and finished adding the facebook and twitter buttons to my pog website.

On testing the changes to the pog website, I found that my IE virtual machines were out of date (Microsoft puts a limit on the VHD, so I started downloading the latest versions of the IE6 and IE7 VHDs.

Uploading the Brown Clee Hill photos to my photo website, I found that although I was now using an updated version of exiftool, one of the images had the rating extracted as 0 by exiftool, even though it wasn't 0. Doing some testing, I found that actually it wasn't a random issue as I had previously thought, but was a repeatable issue with certain images.

The xmp:rating only seemed to be reported as 0 on a 'problem' image when exiftool was used with the -j (json) and -g (group) parameters. So I emailed Phil Harvey (creator and maintainer of exiftool) in the hope he'll be able to fix it for a future release.

Eventually I finished uploading the Brown Clee Hill photos to my website, so I started writing a blog post for my photo website about Leominster. (I needed the internet to help me write the blog post, and the internet doesn't work while I'm uploading anything for some reason, so I had to wait for the uploads to finish).

I wrote most of the blog post about Leominster, then realised that I hadn't uploaded the photos from Callow Hill to my photo website yet, so I started doing that.

After dinner I carried on uploading the Callow Hill photos, then eventually when that was done, I wrote a blog post for my photo website about Callow Hill and Flounders' Folly.

By the time I'd finished doing that, I was really sleepy (not sure why, as it was only about 22.30), so I didn't bother adding the blog posts to the actual website (since that involves a bit more work), I'll do that tomorrow.

I did a backup, then went to bed.

The weather was overcast all day.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Strawberry Crisp Oat Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: 2x Cheese on Toasts; Apple; Cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x Long Chippolata Sausages; Mashed Swede; Ground Black Pepper; Gravy; 3x Yorkshire Puds; Potatoes; Peas. Pudding was Lemon Pud with Custard. Coffee.

1 comment:

Pepper said...

Thanks for the sample image. It turns out that the ratings problem is due to a 2nd (non-standard) XMP section in the image which contains a different Rating value. The -j (JSON) output is restricted because it may not contain duplicate tag names in the same group, so you will only see one Rating tag unless you differentiate the groups (with something like -g0:4 for example, to include the instance number group).