Saturday 13 March 2010

Doing stuff

This morning I had a bad headache, so I watched a documentary about Michael Haneke with Mauser, then went to bed.

I got up about 12.30pm, and opened my mobile phone, which arrived in the post today. Kind of annoyingly, it actually came with a charger/power adaptor in the box - on Amazon, it didn't list the phone as coming with a charger, and suggested you buy a charger with the phone, so I did. Thnakfully, the charger only cost a couple of quid, but that's still a couple of quid I could have saved if Amazon had listed that the phone came with a charger.

After lunch I looked at the phone instructions, and spent ages trying to back off the phone so I could put the sim and battery in, as the back was stupidly hard to get off. Eventually I did manage to get the back off, so I put the sim and battery in, then put it on to charge.

I watched L going on Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts for a bit, then did a quick format of both my new backup hard drives. This took about 30s each, compared to about 12 hours for a normal format of the non-backup drive I did yesterday.

The internet was working today, so I started up my Ubuntu Virtual Machine, and SSH'd into the web server so I could stop the PHP processes started by spawn-fcgi and switch to use processes started by supervisord.

In some of my Korea photos there is a nasty 'smudge' in the sky, so I took some photos of my wall to check it wasn't some grease on the sensor or something that was still there, and the smudge didn't seem to be there now. It will be very annoying if this smudge is on all my Korea and Japan photos. Hopefully it won't be, as I did clean my sensor at the end or start of each day while there. Thankfully, it only shows up when it is over an area with no detail, like a blue sky, making it relatively easy to remove.

I finished writing yesterday's blog post, then wrote today's blog post so far. My phone had finished charging so I topped up the sim, which had a minimum of £10 top-up.

I signed up with Fotomoto, then started checking my emails.

After dinner I finished checking my emails, then made a Mario video with L.

I made a blog for all my faces made of food photos, so uploading all the photos to there took quite a while. I created a facebook fan page for it and started adding links to the Facebook page, but then the internet broke so I went to bed.

The weather started off sunny, but then had clouded over by mid-morning. The rest of the day was mostly overcast, with the sun occaisonally managing to break through the clouds. It was quite windy as well.

Food
Breakfast: Orange Marmalade Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Maple Syrup basted Chicken slices with Mayonnaise Sandwich; Mini Pork Pie; Hot Cross Bun with I cannae believe it's nae butter sony jimminy ladox pop pop; Choc Chip Cereal Bar; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: ½ Cumberland Sausage; Pork & Herb Sausage; Mashed Potato; 1½ Tinned Plum Tomatoes; Baked Beans. Pudding was Sliced Kiwi Fruit with Strawberry Whip. Coffee; 3x pieces of Sainsbury's Truffle Chocolate.

No comments: