Wednesday 24 March 2010

Pano websiting

This morning I processed a pano.

The rest of the day I was still trying to get my 'lightbox pano' working on my pano website. So far it seems to be working in all browsers with the following problems:
  • Site layout messed up in IE7
  • Escape Key doesn't quit pano once you've clicked on the flash (I guess flash intercepts all key presses so javascript doesn't register them)
  • Small control buttons (when the viewport width is small) don't have the active area of the button mapped correctly to the image - only the top bit of the button actually does anything when clicked on
  • Need an option to show/hide controls, and the user choice should be remembered


The main problem I had with the pano today was that the pano and associated files are hosted on a static subdomain, while I'm embedding it on a www. subdomain (yesterday I was doing my testing with everything on the www. subdomain). The problem is that the pano.swf tries to pull in any associated plugins, xml, and the image files relative to the page URL (i.e. the www. subdomain) and not relative to itself (i.e. on the static subdomain). Unfortunately this wasn't obvious, as when using fiddler to debug the problem, it didn't show any HTTP requests for the image files at all, so I thought it just wasn't requesting the image files, and was trying various things to try and find out why the image files weren't being requested.

Eventually I changed the parameter of the path to the image files to include the full website address, and then it worked okay. It seems like maybe there is a problem with the latest version of fiddler and it's not reporting HTTP requests that result in a 404 or sumat. Since there's no way that the flash file could know to only request the image files when the path/URL to them is correct.

In the evening I also watched Lost with Mauser and L, which was Ricardo Alpertastic! I think I remember an interview with Nestor Carbonell where he said he liked doing Lost because it was about the only time he wasn't cast as a latino. Well this episode revealed that actually he was cast as a latino!

The weather was a mixture of sun and clouds in the morning and first part of the afternoon. Then it clouded over and was overcast for most of the afternoon. In the evening it rained.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Choco Moons Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Ham with Dijon Mustard Sandwich; Apple; Lemon iced Sponge Cake; Golden Syrup Crispy Cake; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Flavoured Rice; 4x Chicken Nuggets. Pudding was a Muller Chocolate Corner. Coffee; 2x pieces Sainsbury's Truffle Chocolate.

No comments: