Sunday 21 March 2010

Pogging

This morning I started cutting out some Slammer Whammers images in Photoshop. When I went to get a cup of tea, I saw that the Robin nest box in the back garden was lying on the floor in the flowerbed. I went to have a look at it, and there were some little smashed eggs in it, and one of them looked like it had a bit of blood on it.

I guess a fox or something jumped up where the nest box was placed and knocked it to the floor so it could eat the eggs (or the robin that I guess was sitting on them). The box wasn't screwed to the fence, it was just wedged in between the fence and some branches. It can't be screwed to the fence anyway - it just has a bit on the back you can use to hang it from a screw or nail.

After Church I made dinner for me and L and Clare and Brian were having dinner at Church, and Mauser has gone to play on the 2p machines in Skeg Vegas.

In the morning I had received a weird email from McRad, which just had a link to a webpage, which was blank. Later McRad said his hotmail account had been hacked into, so I ran a Windows Defender scan while I was making dinner, and then ran an AVG scan.

After dinner I made some Golden Syrup Crispie Cakes with L as having golden syrup on my ice cream reminded me of them. Clare and Brian came home, then I did some gardening with Clare and L. I dug up some soil by the edge of the pond and planted some Wildflower seeds there, and topped the pond up with water from the waterbutt. I trimmed some Roses and wound them through the trellis as much as I could, and also cut off the old Buddleia heads.

Clare cleaned out the Robin nest box and I put it up again, but in a higher position. It's not as much in a bush as it was where it was placed before, but hopefully it will become covered more as the plants around it start growing more. We also saw some mating frogs, and apparently it could be the same pair we saw mating a few days ago.

After finishing in the garden I came in and saw that AVG had finsihed its scan with no infections (Windows Defender didn't find anything). Maybe the link sent out by whoever hacked into McRad's hotmail only works in Internet Explorer or something. Anyway, at least my PC doesn't seem to be infected with anything.

I finished cutting out the Slammer Whammers in Photoshop, then uploaded them to my Pog website.

After tea I updated my Pog Website, and added metadata to a couple of Korea photos.

The weather was sunny most of the day, with a few clouds around. At sunset there weren't any clouds, but the sky was a bit hazy near the horizon and the haze went a bit pink around sunset (the sun now sets behind the houses so I can't tell when the sun actually sets).

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Choco Moons Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: 1½ Southern Fried Chicken Breast Portions; Stir Fried Veg; Noodles. Pudding was Ice Cream with Golden Syrup. Cup o' Tea.
Afternoon Snack: Golden Syrup Crispy Cake; Cup o' Tea.
Tea: Posh Ham with Salad Sandwich; Cream Cracker with French Cheese; Grapes; Clementine; Small Sponge Cake with Buttercream; Tesco fake KitKat; Cup o' Tea.

No comments: